Community Resources

EMPLOYMENT AND SOCIAL SERVICES (View it directly from the City of Toronto website click here)

Read about supports and services offered by government and community agencies:

This site provides links to third party sites. See full disclaimer…

Website graphicAddiction

You can also read about health and crisis situations.

Back to top

Website graphicCommunity

Back to top

Website graphicCrisis situations (For emergencies call 9-1-1)
Also see Help for people in crisis or read about housing resources.

  • Mental Health Crises
    Centre for Addiction and Mental Health – an addiction and mental health hospital ( 416-535-8501 ext. 6885)
    Distress Centres of Toronto – telephone support for crisis intervention, suicide prevention programs and traumatic loss support 416-408-HELP (4357), TTY 416-408-0007
    Gerstein Centre – crisis intervention and supportive counselling for adults who experience mental health problems ( 416-929-5200)
    Kids Help Phone – counselling, referral services, educational tools and more (  1-800-668-6868)
    St. Michael’s Hospital – psychiatric emergency services ( 416-864-5346)
    211 Toronto – services for people experiencing mental health difficulties (Dial 2-1-1)

Back to top

Website graphicEducation and Training

Back to top

Website graphicEmployment
Read about Employment and Social Services’ Employment Centresand Employment Services.

Back to top

Website graphicFamily and child related services

Community services


Aboriginal people


Persons with disabilities

Equity and access

Ethnic diversity and immigrant settlement


Community and Neighboorhood services



Income security

Hospitals and health centres


Information referral

International organizations

Multi-service agencies

Senior citizens

Social policy, research and statistics



Volunteering in Toronto


Courtesy: CTV/

If you feel that you or someone you know is in immediate danger, please call 911.

24 hour distress and crisis lines 416-408-HELP (4357)

Distress Centres of Toronto: (416) 408-4357

Emergencies CAMH 416 535-8501 extension 6885 (24 hour service)

Other Distress Centres:

Durham Region 1-800-742-1890

Peel Mobile Crisis 905-278-9036

Scarborough Mobile Crisis 416-289-2434

St.Elizabeth Mobile Crisis (Etobicoke and North York) 416-498-0043

The Gerstein Crisis Centre 416-929-5200 (suicide prevention)

Aboriginal Crisis Centre 416-531-0330

310 Cope (York Region, Richmond Hill and Newmarket) 310-2673

St. Michael’s Hospital Toronto Downtown 416-864-5346

Kids Help Phone 1-800-668-6868,

Parent Help Line 1-888-603-9100,

Support groups:

FAME (Family Association for Mental Health Everywhere) 416-207-5032

Depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, OCD or borderline personality disorder

Contact: 416 535-8501, ext. 6265 or 6342, or 4937

Concurrent Disorders Service Family Initiative

Contact: 416 535-8501, Caroline O’Grady (ext. 6084)

Schizophrenia Program Family Support and Education Group

Contact: 416 535-8501, Melissa McCormick (ext. 2818) Melissa Edwards (ext. 2372)

FACT at Peel (First Assessment Clinical Team)

Contact: 416 535-8501, Michelle Gerech (ext. 7711), Tricia Nikkari (ext. 7722)

Mental health issues education group

Contact: 416 535-8501, Ellie Munn (ext. 4549)

Needs for housing, employment, income, etc.

Contact: 416 535-8501, CSRU Intake (ext. 2068)

Read more:

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s